Gefion Finans A/S under frivillig likvidation (former Gefion Insurance) was by decree declared bankrupt on 7 June 2021. Attorney Boris Frederiksen, Kammeradvokaten/Poul Schmidt and attorney Søren Aaman Jensen, Accura are appointed curators.
The Danish Guarantee Fund covers exclusively insurance agreements in Denmark covering risks in Denmark. The agreement must therefore be contracted in Denmark for risks in Denmark.
The following insurance contracts are covered by the Fund:
- Private insurance (consumer insurance)
- Collective insurances, to the extent that, by its nature, an insurance contract corresponds to the individual insurance contracts covered
- Fire damage insurance of buildings
- Third-parties insured against personal injury under liability insurance including motor liability insurance and from 1 January 2019 also
- Change of ownership insurances, structural warranty insurance and property sellers liability insurances for the full term of the contract
Claims Corporation Network (CCN) processes claims on behalf of the Fund.
Read more about Gefion’s bankruptcy on Gefion’s website Gefion Insurance or the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority’s website Gefion Finans A/S under frivillig likvidation (tidligere Gefion Insurance A/S) erklæret konkurs (finanstilsynet.dk)