Contribution to the Guarantee Fund for 2019
As a result of the Gable Insurance and Alpha Insurance bankruptcies the Danish Guarantee Fund for Non-life Insurers no longer meets the statutory requirement to have a capital of DKK 300 mio.
The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority has therefore instructed the Fund to collect contributions from members of the Guarantee Fund, in order to re-establish the Guarantee Fund’s capital.
The contribution is determined by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority and is fixed at DKK 40 per police for the following private line insurance policies:
- Motorforsikringer (motor liability insurance)
- Familieforsikringer (household contents insurance)
- Husejerforsikringer (property insurance)
- Sundhedsforsirkinger (health insurance)
- Ejerskifteforsikringer(latent defect insurance - change-of-ownership)
- Sælgeransvarsforsikring (property sellers liability insurance) and
- Byggeskadeforsikringer (structual warranty insurance – new build)